thoughts of a butterfly

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Things/ people/ memories that make me smile and chuckle

1. Kate Chedge..she is a comedian.
2. Hugh and Alex..they are pretty funny guys and quite strange at times too. They are also getting trendier by the day. Why is that?
3. When I took the register at a school in Broomhall and called a kid 'Forehead' by mistake...it said 'Faheid' and I thought thats how you pronounced it.
4. When Andy Pickering did an improptu striptease at the commune new year party.
5. When I remember back to biblical studies when the lecturer asked me who I thought was the best judge in the bible and I said "Judge dread because he was brave, bold and defeated all evil". How was I to know that the guy sitting next to me- who helpfully whispered the answer to me cos I'd never read the book of Judges -was actually winding me up? How was I to know that Judge dread was infact a cartoon character and not in the bible at all?
6. When Jason went to a jumble sale and a woman said "there you are son, take this bag and take anything you want, don't worry about paying" as she thought he was a homeless man.
7. My dog when he puts a flower pot on his head and runs round the garden. Well, it is quite a sight of hilarity and could make me some money if i videoed it and sent it to the BBC.
Please add any funny stories and things that make you laugh and chuckle in the comments bit as smiling and laughter is very good for the heart and we need to spread happiness in this somewhat dreary world in which we live. Love Val de riex

2 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger val said…

    Where are all the funny stories? I like hearing them cos they make me laugh.
    My friend Chris told me a story...When he was a teenage boy and lived a rather sheltered existance cos he is from a rather well-to-do family..he went to buy some fish and chips.It was the 1st time he'd done this as usually mummy and daddy did this for him.It was Friday night and he got in the long queue. When he got to the front of the queue the lady said, in a cockney accent "Open or wrapped?".Not understanding what she said he asked "pardon?". This happened a few times and even people in the queue started asking him "Yeh, open or wrapped?".By this time he was starting to feel a little embarrased and thought "Well I have to ruddy well say something, I can't say pardon again". So, he thought he'd say something that sounded like a word she'd said and he said "upt". Then the tables turned and the lady and the rest of the queue were like "pardon?" so he said it again "upt". Everyone was like: "what?". But in the nick of time he managed to work out that she'd been saying open or wrapped. So he said "wrapped"...
    Ok, maybe not the funniest story but I liked it quite a bit.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Pete said…

    Val, no.5 is possibly the funniest thing I've ever read (and I'm reading a really funny book at the moment!). I can't stop laughing. Will try and remember a funny story... though I'm not sure I can top no.5.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home