thoughts of a butterfly

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Things that are currently in my head

Things that are in my head: A brain, a spinal chord, part of a back bone, a skull, part of a gut, sinuses, eyes, visual pathways that connect to the brain, teeth, a tongue, ears, (for balance and hearing), hearing mechanisms, arteries, veins, nerves, soft tissue, lymph glands, salivary glands.
How does my brain work? There are 2 halves and there are different parts of each hemisphere: bits to control motor function and sensory function, there's a language centre (to do with communiction, frontal lobe (personality: creativity on the left/ right is the interlectual/cognitive/working thins out side), behaviour, right and wrong), all the senses connect in to the brain, hormones, regulation of the body, back of brain to do with balance and co-ordination,
Brain in two halves..connection between interlectual and creativity. Blokes dont have has advanced communication between both sides so cant usually communicate as well as women. Memory: teaching is like, been like, personality. All work together to create the thought..
'The brain is amazing' : it does lots of jobs, creative side trying to work out what's going on.
Physical functions that give us unique personality..thoughts. No part of brain to do with thinking.
Only use 10 percent of our brain.





3 Comments:

  • At 12:12 AM, Blogger Si said…

    Valerie Austen, in an extremely good way you are a little bit strange - I feel very educated. I take it that you spent last week watching Gunther did you? Is that actually true by the way, about blokes brains not working as well as girls?

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Pete said…

    I notice that towards the end of your post, you appear to sound a little tired; using 11 per cent perhaps?

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger val said…

    Yes, a doctor told me.I did watch some of gunther although I must admit that at times I felt rather faint and realised it is a good thing I did not pursue medicine (not that I could of..I got 2 c's in GCSE Science and took a-levels in drama,r.e and English) love val.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home