thoughts of a butterfly

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I bought three 'I wonder why?' books (kid's books but I learn't a few things too). Here are some of the coolest 'I wonder whys?':

Why are flamingo's pink? Flamingoes take their pink colour from their favourite food- shrimps. If these leggy birds don't get enough shrimps to eat, they turn a dull grey.

Which fish can climb trees? The last place you'd expect to see a fish is up a tree- but then the mudskipper is a very odd fish! It climbs with its leg-like fins, clinging on with a sort of suction cup on its belly.

Which animal uses its finger as a fork? A strange monkey-like animal called an aye-aye has one very long finger on each hand. It uses these spindly fingers to poke under tree bark for grubs and insects to eat. Then it skewers them, using its fingers a bit like you would use a fork.

Super animal facts. I like them. Love valx

1 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank goodness Val has resumed blogging, I was beginning to think I might have to actually entertain myself. That flamingo fact has made my week and I am going to go and tell it to everyone so that they'll think I'm cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home