thoughts of a butterfly

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Another list darn it.

1. Spent last night talking about personalities. I have worked out that I am an ENFP. Since then I have ordered 3 books off Amazon about personality: 'Do what you are', 'Strengths Finder' and 'Nature or Nurture'. WIll review after reading them.

2. Had a week visiting Calne (near Bath), London and Felixstowe (for eccentric uncle's 8oth birthday). Highlights were: a) playing bowls on the green with some elderly gentlemen and Andrew Pickering who is just young b)eating beef and feta cheese stew c)barbeques d) talking to my eccentric uncle. I don't really understand what he's going on about but I like the experience. That reminds me of when I used to hang out a bit with this bloke Nichol who I didn't understand at all. Once I was in a cafe and I had to concentrate so hard on what he was saying that I forgot what I was doing and poured my hot chocolate over the table instead of in to my mouth.

3. Some things I learn't recently are: a) dodos inhabited Maritious, they went extinct when mice and rabbits came along. They couldn't fly and were not eaten. b) flying fish can fly approximately up to the length of a football pitch. They fly away from enemies such as porpoises. (what I learn't from the Horniman museum, London)

4. I feel empty and kind of pointless. It's not so cool and I don't know why it is. Maybe all will become clear one day and I will feel full of life and with point and purpose. I think that would be nice.

And so goodbye. Love Valx

3 Comments:

  • At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hang on, and not to draw away from your 4th point, but are you saying that dodo's went extinct because mice ate them?

    I'll have to watch out for them - they're clearly more dangerous than I thought! :)

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger dan said…

    kate says "i am glad you are feeling better from your emptiness (see your latest post). cool that you've bought some books, might i perhaps borrow them when you're done, in light of our most interesting conversation at mary's birthday?"
    i simply say "have yourself a jolly nice cup of tea"

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate is very much welcome to borrow all books. I will give her a call when I am done. Love valerie austen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home